1 cup oat flour
¾ cup almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1¼ cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
coconut oil for cooking
optional topping: pure maple syrup
1. Whisk together first 5 dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
3. Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in banana. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium low heat and melt about a teaspoon or so of coconut oil on it. Put ¼ cup pancake batter on for each pancake. These pancakes cook a little differently than regular ones. Cook lower and slower. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with maple syrup if desired but they are delicious without it!
Don’t try and flip them too soon or they will completely fall apart. Be patient – they are not ready when you see little bubbles on top. They are worth the wait!
If you have never tried cooking with almond flour or oat flour, they are delicious options filled with nutrients and protein, much more than processed white flour. I hope you’ll give them a try.