These cookies have incredible ingredients and they are so delicious. My taste testers (kids) love them!
Makes about 20 cookies
1½ cups oat flour (look for certified gluten free)
1½ cups almond flour, or almond meal (I tested with finely ground almond flour and Trader Joe’s almond meal which is coarse and both worked fine)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup pure maple syrup
2 large eggs*
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a medium bowl, mix oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, eggs, oil and vanilla.
4. While stirring constantly, slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Place by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. These cookies don’t flatten out much when cooking so you can put them close together. You can flatten them a little before you put them in the oven if you want.
6. Bake for about 15-18 minutes.
*I recommend using as many organic ingredients as possible but these are the ones that I think are most important.
If you are trying to convince picky kids to like your new cookie recipe, you can add 2 extra tablespoons of maple syrup and a few more chocolate chips.